Bill on the Blind Sport Podcast
Submitted by Bill on September 16, 2014 - 09:52
I was recently interviewed by Mike Lloyd, host of theblindsportpodcast.com a show that originates in New Zealand. Due to a time difference of 16 hours we had to record the interview at 4:30 AM, my time. Some of the topics we covered include:
- How I got started in weight training.
- Finding the place where I felt good about myself.
- How I ended up in the gym business.
- How the gym grew and changed over the years.
- Why I believe small, privately owned gyms are better than the big chains.
- Why I hated the last commercial gym I trained in.
- The advantages of training in a home gym.
- Communication is the key.
- Tactile dots to make cardio accessible.
- Concept two is the most accessible.
- Setting up your own home gym.
- Why a power rack is a must if you weight train at home.
- You can get a great workout with just one kettlebell … if you know how.
- The challenges involved with being a blind personal trainer.
- You need to be better.
- It’s a hard sell.
- Life is what happens while you’re busy making other plans.
- blindcafe.net and my morning classes.
- The challenge involved with long distance exercise instruction.
- How kociaba-fitness.com came about.
- My goals for the site.
- And much, much more.